T-Mobile USA and Samsung Telecommunications America have announced the availability of the sleek, full touch-screen cellphone, named as Samsung Behold II (SGH-t939), which integrates an open Android platform with Samsung’s innovative TouchWiz user interface for a rich Internet, multimedia experience, offering 3 different homescreens to drag and drop widgets onto the display.
“We’re excited to announce Samsung’s first Android-powered device with T-Mobile in the U.S.,” said Omar Khan, senior vice president of strategy and product management at Samsung Mobile. “The Behold II follows the success of the Behold that launched last year taking the device and user experience to the next level with the Android platform, a large 3.2-inch AMOLED screen, next generation TouchWiz user interface and customization capabilities and premium features.”
Features Of Samsung Behold II:
- 3.2-inch AMOLED screen provides crisper colors and wider viewing angles
- 5 megapixel camera with autofocus, flash, 5 shooting modes and video capabilities
- Samsung’s next generation TouchWiz user interface offers one-touch access to user’s most commonly used features and applications
- Visual Voicemail allows users to listen to voicemails in order of preference
- Built-in A-GPS, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 2.1 technology
- Supports personal email and corporate email with Exchange ActiveSync, as well as instant messaging, and text, picture and video messaging
- Access to Google mobile services, including Google Search, Google Maps, Gmail, YouTube, Google Talk and applications from Android Market
- Samsung’s intuitive cube menu provides quick access to 6 top multimedia features – music, photos, videos, the Web, YouTube and Amazon MP3
“T-Mobile continues to expand our line-up of Android-powered phones in time for the holiday season with the addition of the Samsung Behold II,” said Travis Warren, director, product marketing of T-Mobile USA. “The premium screen and quality camera coupled with Samsung’s innovative cube menu makes the Behold II a multimedia powerhouse that’s made even stronger by T-Mobile’s high-speed 3G network.”
Samsung Behold II is expected to be available exclusively from T-Mobile later this year, but no words on its price yet.