Verizon has announced the upcoming launch of the new innovative Samsung Continuum Galaxy S smartphone, which Samsung claims as the world’s first smartphone equipped with a dedicated ticker display (placed below the main touchscreen) that is designed to provide users a no-click access to news, social networking, sports, finance and entertainment feeds, powered by Android 2.1 operating system.
Main features of Samsung Continuum:
- Samsung 1GHz Cortex A8 Hummingbird Application processor
- 3.4-inch Super AMOLED touchscreen plus 1.8-inch interactive Super AMOLED ticker display
- Grip Sensor enables users to light up the ticker display by touching the bottom sides of the Continuum
- 5 megapixel auto-focus camera with LED flash and HD movie capture
- Stereo Bluetooth technology plus Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n connectivity
- Pre-loaded with Bing Maps and Bing Search
- AllShare DLNA for inter-device connectivity
Samsung Continuum Galaxy S smartphone that comes with a free 8GB microSD memory card is available for pre-order beginning November 11, scheduled to hit Verizon stores on November 18 for $199.99, after a $100 mail-in rebate with a new 2-year contract.