Samsung Electronics America and AT&T have announced the upcoming launch of Samsung Go (N310), the lightweight, compact netbook that can easily be stored in a travel bag, which is equipped with 10.1″ LED-backlit display, Intel Atom processor N270 and pebble-style keyboard, based on Microsoft Windows 7 Starter Edition operating system.
“Demand for netbooks remains strong among consumers, small business customers and those who desire constant access to the Internet while on the go,” commented David Haight, vice president for business development at AT&T Mobility. “Paired with the nation’s fastest 3G network, AT&T Wi-Fi service, and now the value and ease of use of Windows 7, these devices will make very attractive and affordable gifts this holiday season.”
Main features and specifications of Samsung Go N310:
- Slim, soft texture design with rounded edges
- 10.1-inch LED-backlit, borderless glass display (scratch resistant) with 1024 x 600 pixel resolution
- Intel Atom processor N270, 1GB of memory RAM and 160GB hard disk drive
- Pebble-style keyboard for comfortable typing experience with larger than average spacing
- Standard 4-cell 4000Ah battery supports up to 4 hours of usage time on a single charge
- Built-in 1.3MP webcam, 3-in-1 memory card reader and 3 x USB 2.0 ports
- Bluetooth 2.1+EDR and 802.11 b/g WiFi connectivity
- Microsoft Windows 7 Starter Edition OS
- Available in midnight blue color
“Samsung is excited to bring our popular Samsung Go to AT&T customers,” said Douglas Albregts, vice president for sales and marketing of Samsung Electronics America, Information Technology Division. “The portable, lightweight design and robust feature set of the Samsung Go allows users to stay connected whenever, wherever. The Go makes everything from updating your social networking sites to surfing the Web or even catching up on work e-mails, fast and fun.”
Samsung Go netbook which measures 10.3 x 7.3 x 1.1 inches and weighs just 2.8 lbs will hit AT&T stores starting November 22 for $199, after a mail-in rebate with a 2-year AT&T DataConnect service contract (minimum $35 per month).