Samsung Mobile and U.S. Cellular have officially announced the upcoming launch of new, high-end Samsung Mesmerize (SCH-i500) Galaxy S phone, which combines 4″ touch screen, 1 GHz processor, SWYPE technology, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0, Samsung Social Hub, Samsung Media Hub (available soon) and amazing six-axis motion sensing into a single compact device, powered by Android 2.1 (Eclair) operating system.
Key features of Samsung Mesmerize (US Cellular):
- Powerful 1GHz Samsung Hummingbird Application Processor offers stunning 3D graphics and multimedia content
- Large, brilliant 4-inch Super AMOLED touchscreen display with WVGA (800 x 480) resolution
- 5-megapixel autofocus camera with 720p HD video capture
- Full HTML browser with multi-touch pinch to zoom capability
- Samsung’s All Share app for sharing multimedia content with other DLNA-enabled devices
- Unbeatable, smooth gaming experience thanks to 6-axis motion sensing utilizing an accelerometer and geo-magnetic sensors
- Full suite of Google Mobile Services including Google Search, Google Maps, Gmail, YouTube, Google Talk and Android Market
- Pre-loaded with an array of popular U.S. Cellular apps including Your Navigator Deluxe, Tone Room Deluxe, My Contacts Backup and CityID
“We believe wireless customers deserve better and that includes having access to cutting-edge smartphones like the Android-powered Samsung Mesmerize,” commented Edward Perez, vice president of marketing and sales operations of U.S. Cellular. “Our devices are backed by our nationwide 3G network and the valuable benefits of The Belief Project, a series of customer innovations we announced last week, so customers who depend on their phones can stay connected on the go.”
Samsung Mesmerize Galaxy S smartphone that incorporates a 3.5 mm audio jack and microSD memory expansion slot will hit US Cellular stores on October 27 for $199, after a $80 mail-in rebate.