Most of the netbooks in the market today is powered with Intel Atom CPU. The Korean electronic giant, Samsung has made it in different way by integrated Nano processor from Via Technologies for its new NC20 netbook. The Via Nano processor will be clocked at 1.3 Ghz, which is slightly less than Intel Atom, but the NC20 netbook is equipped with a Chrome DX9 GPU that will help in basic 3D application and multimedia playback.
Featured with 12.1-inch display of 1280 x 800 pixel, Samsung NC20 is also features with 1.3-megapixel camera. It is Bluetooth enabled and supports wireless. In addition, the users have option to choose either SATA hard disk or a solid-state drive for storage, with built-in 3-in-1 memory card reader and three built-in USB ports.
The details specification of Samsung NC20:
- Screen: 12.1” LED WXGA (1280 x 800).
- CPU: VIA Nano™ ULV Processor U2250 (1.3+GHz, 800MHz).
- Chipset: VIA VX800 Unified Digital Media IGP Chipset.
- Graphics: Integrated VIA Chrome9™ with DirectX 9.0 3D graphics support and hardware video acceleration.
- OS: Microsoft R Windows XP Home Edition.
- Memory: 1GB DDR2 (1*SODMM).
- Storage: 160GB HDD (9.5mmH 2.5’’HDD, SATA).
- Webcam: 1.3 Mega pixels web camera
- LAN: 10/100Mbps LAN.
- Wireless: Atheros 802.11 b/g.
- Bluetooth: 2.0+EDR (Enhanced Data Rate).
- I/O Ports: USB2.0 x 3, Ethernet LAN, 3-in-1 card reader.
- Battery: 6 cells Li-ion Battery Standard.
- Dimensions: 292.4mm x 217mm x 30.7mm.
- Weight: 1.52kg.
- Special Features: 6.5 hours battery life.
- Colors: White
The Samsung NC20 is available soon for an estimated price of about $650.