Samsung Mobile and Verizon Wireless have announced an upcoming launch of the long-awaited Samsung Omnia II, the full-touch all-in-one smartphone which features 3.7″ wide WVGA AMOLED screen, 5MP camera, WinMo 6.5 Professional OS, and virtual QWERTY keyboard with Swype technology, allowing users to quickly and easily input text with one continuous finger or stylus motion across the on-screen keyboard.
Main features of Samsung Omnia II (Verizon Wireless):
- Large, ultra-brilliant 3.7-inch AMOLED responsive touchscreen display (480 x 800 pixels)
- 5 megapixel autofocus camera with flash, camcorder and decoder with DNSe technology and on-device editing capabilities
- Windows Mobile 6.5 keeps users connected with corporate and personal e-mail and synchronization of schedules and contacts
- Microsoft Office Mobile enhances productivity with an ability to manage Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents
- A-GPS, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g and Bluetooth v2.0 with A2DP
- Support for Divx and Xvid movie files
- Samsung’s enhanced 3D cube TouchWiz 2.0 user interface
- Full HTML Web browsing capabilities with Opera 9.5 enhanced browser
- 8GB of internal memory, expandable memory of up to 16 GB with microSD memory card slot
- Full messaging suite including SMS, MMS, Mobile IM, Mobile Email and Corporate Email
- Shortcut widgets offers one-touch access to popular social networking and entertainment applications
- Supports V CAST Music with Rhapsody, V CAST Video On Demand, V CAST Song ID, Visual Voice Mail, VZW Tones, VZ Navigator, Mobile IM and Mobile Email
- Available in Black color with red accents on the battery cover
Samsung Omnia II which measures 118 x 59.6 x 12.3 mm and weighs 123 grams is slated to be available at Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and www.verizonwireless.com starting December 2 for $199.99, after a $100 mail-in rebate with a new 2-year service contract.