Samsung has announced its first Symbian full-touch screen cellphone at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, named as Samsung OMNIAHD, which the company claims as the world’s first mobile phone to feature 720P HD video recording and decoding, as well as 3.7-inch AMOLED (Active Matrix Organic Light Emitting Diode) screen (The world’s largest AMOLED screen on mobile).
Key Features Of Samsung OMNIAHD:
- 8MP Auto Focus camera capable of recording 720p high-definition video at 24fps
- 3.7-inch 16:9 OLED touchscreen display with QHD (640×360 pixels) resolution
- Dual stereo speaker and GPS with integrated compass
- HSUPA 5.76Mbps/HSDPA 7.2Mbps high-speed connection
- Full browser (S60 OSS Browser- Safari core)
- Full Wi-fi, Bluetooth capabilities allow for best possible wireless connections
- Available in 8GB and 16GB internal memory capacity options, with MicroSDHC slot for extended memory (up to 32GB)
“Samsung OMNIAHD is an incredibly exciting product for us as it is a mobile perfectly suited to the needs of today’s consumers who want exciting multimedia experiences on the move,” said JK Shin, Executive Vice President and head of Mobile Communication division in Samsung Electronics. “OMNIAHD demonstrates our vision for the Samsung mobile business, which is to provide premium phones for users who desire functionality, style, usability and entertainment in one innovative device. With Samsung Mobile, I believe that our users can enjoy being at the forefront of work and play, staying connected anytime, anywhere.”
The new stylish and high performance Samsung OMNIAHD measures 123 x 58 x 12.9 mm, but the price and availability date have yet to be announced.