One of the market leader in mobile communications, AT&T has announced that the affordable Samsung Solstice A887 will hit AT&T stores nationwide starting August 2nd. It’s the full touchscreen mobile device that includes widget tool bar with social networking shortcuts, aiming to improve your mobile experience.
“AT&T customers will be thrilled with the Samsung Solstice’s improved full touch functionality,” commented Mike Woodward, vice president, Mobile Phone Portfolio, AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets. “The widget bar functionality makes this device an easy to use passport to customers’ favorite applications.”
Key features of Samsung Solstice:
- 3-inch QVGA full touch screen display and Widget bar
- Virtual full QWERTY keyboard with vibration response to touch
- 2 megapixel camera with video recording capability
- AT&T Music enables users to download their favorite songs, listen to streaming radio or cut their own ringtones
- A-GPS with AT&T Navigator for turn-by-turn voice and on-screen driving directions
- Mobile Email and Instant Messenger (AIM, Windows Live and Yahoo!) for quick and easy on the go
- Video Share allows users to share video in real time
- Stereo Bluetooth technology delivers a truly hands-free conversation and music experience
- Personalize with downloadable games, graphic, ringtones and applications
- Talk time: Up to 5 hours ; Standby time: Up to 10.4 days
- MicroSD memory card slot supports up to 16GB of capacity
“Samsung is proud to launch the new Samsung Solstice, the next handset in our line-up of touch screen devices at AT&T,” said Omar Khan, senior vice president, Strategy and Product Management, Samsung Telecommunications America. “The sleek, compact Solstice brings a rich web browsing and instant access to your favorite social networking sites through widgets and Samsung’s innovative TouchWiz user experience.”
The Samsung Solstice A887 which measures 4.3 x 2.1 x 0.5 inches and weights just 3.33oz is scheduled to be available through AT&T for $99.99, after a $50 mail-in rebate and two-year service agreement.