One of the market leaders in innovation and technology, Samsung has announced the release of its new stylish, compact 12.2 megapixel digital camera – Samsung ST1000 (known as Samsung CL65 in US), which combines integrated geo-tagging, Bluetooth 2.0, Wi-Fi and DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) capabilities in a single device, providing users a different way to share their precious photos while on the move.
Features of Samsung ST1000 (Samsung CL65):
- 12.2 megapixel resolution and a powerful 35mm, 5x optical zoom Schneider-Kreuznach optics lens
- World’s highest resolution 3.5-inch Wide touch screen LCD with 1152k pixels
- Advanced GPS technology automatically geo-tag digital images so users can find the exact latitude and longitude their photos are taken
- DLNA compliant allows users to wirelessly connect the camera to other DLNA compliant devices
- Smart Gesture UI (User Interface) with built-in orientation sensor
- Advanced Dual Image Stabilization (both Optical and Digital Image stabilizers) helps users to capture crystal-clear, blur-free shots
- Samsung’s innovative and intuitive Smart Touch Auto Focus system
- Advanced Smart Auto (Scene Recognition) analyzes key elements of your composition and then automatically adjusts aimed for optimal result
- Smart Face Recognition stores up to 20 recognised faces in ST1000’s internal memory to prioritize them while focussing and exposing future shots
- Blink Detection Mode to make sure your eyes open during a shot
- HD Movie Recording capability records HD video (1280x720p pixels resolution) at 30 frames per second in H.264 format
- Available in silver/red, black/black, red/black, black/gold and blue/grey colours
“This new powerhouse point-and-shoot camera will raise the bar for innovation and set a new standard by which all other manufacturers will be measured,” said Steve Mitchell, General Manager Marketing of Samsung Digital Imaging. “Never before has a manufacturer provided such a range of technologies in a compact digital camera, giving consumers unprecedented flexibility when it comes to how, when and where they share their digital images.”
The new Samsung ST1000 (Samsung CL65) which measures 100 (W) x 61 (H) x 19 (D) mm and weights in at 156g is expected to be available by September 2009 for about $400.