Most users who buy computer are just paying notice to the speed (how fast) and size of RAM memory (how big) of the PC. In fact, most modern CPU microprocessors have great lots of features and capabilities other than constantly higher clock rate. With the evolving of software development, some of these features are now required. With SecurAble, user can easily check and determine if the system is x86 or x64 architecture, support hardware DEP and/or hardware virtualization.
SecurAble probes the system’s processor, determine the presence, absence and operational status and displays the status of the three most significant security-related processor features:
- 64-bit instruction extensions
- Hardware support for detecting and preventing the execution of code in program data areas
- Hardware support for system resource “virtualization”
All these features are deemed to be security-important by developer of SecurAble, GRC. 64-bit capable CPUs have the ability to run the 64-bit versions of Microsoft’s substantially more secure Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7 operating systems, which has the operating system kernel locked down. Hardware-enforced DEP can stop exploitation of buffer overflow attacks, while virtualization technology (VT) can be used to create fully contained environments that can be used to insulate the real hosting operating system from any actions taken by software running within the “virtual” environment.
SecurAble is free to use, and no installation require.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18334 Roll Out for Windows Insiders – Here Full Changelog of What Fixes, Changes, and Improvement (Free State of Decay)
- Windows 10 Voice Recorder Keyboard Shortcuts
- Free Elegant Art Nouveau Fonts for Windows, Linux, and Mac
- Want to share the Apple devices content to SmartTV with AirPlay 2? Here are the SmartTV models support AirPlay 2
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18312 for PC Released – Here What’s Full Details of Changes