The well-known Japanese consumer electronics giant, Sony has announced the launch of its new sleek, stylish Sony Cyber-shot TX9 and Cyber-shot WX5 TransferJet-enabled cameras, which the company claims as the world’s first compact digital cameras featured with new 3D Sweep Panorama that allows for shooting an incredible 3D images without the need of double lens, combining 12.2 MP Exmor R CMOS sensor with new stunning Superior Auto mode for capturing extremely low-noise images with “DSLR-style” low noise power.
In addition, both Cyber-shot TX9 and Cyber-shot WX5 that able to record full HD (1920 x 1080, 50i) AVCHD video also sport a new innovative Background Defocus mode for stunning pro-style effects. As its name implied, the cool Background Defocus creates a photo with beautifully blurred background while just your main subject is covered by sharp focus, ideal for photography enthusiasts who wanna achieve an impressive blurry background as enjoyed by DSLR camera owners with wide-aperture lens.
Features and Specifications of Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX9:
- 12.2 megapixel Exmor R CMOS image sensor (1/2.3 type)
- 3.5-inch touch screen and Carl Zeiss lens with 4x optical zoom
- Superior Auto mode complemented with Background Defocus mode
- (3D; Intelligent; Underwater) Sweep Panorama mode
- Sweep Multi Angle to deliver cool 3D-style viewing effects
- 1080i Full HD video capture capability
- Dimensions: 97.8 x 59.5 x 17.5 mm ; Weight: 133 grams
- Available in 3 variants of colour – dark grey, gold and red
To achieve an incredible low-noise images, (Cyber-shot DSC-TX9 and Cyber-shot DSC-WX5) Superior Auto mode takes a high-speed burst of up to 6 frames while automatically optimizing the camera settings for best possible low noise images with greater dynamic range.
Features and Specifications of Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX5:
- 2.2 megapixel Exmor R CMOS image sensor (1/2.3 type)
- 2.8-inch LCD touchscreen and Sony G lens with 5x optical zoom
- Superior Auto mode and Background Defocus mode
- (3D, Intelligent) Sweep Panorama mode
- Sweep Multi Angle for exciting 3D-style viewing effects
- 1080i Full HD video recording
- Dimensions:91.7 x 51.9 x 21.5 mm ; Weight: 130 grams
- Available in 5 variants of colour – black, silver, brown, gold and violet
The new compact Sony Cyber-shot TX9 and Cyber-shot WX5 digital cameras are expected to be available by mid-September 2010 for around $400 and $300, respectively.