Sony Ericsson has announced its new smartphone – Xperia X2, which features powerful messaging and multimedia capabilities in Windows Mobile to enhance users’ multimedia experience. The new Sony Ericsson Xperia X2 is equipped with 3.2-inch WVGA OLED touchscreen with new 3D panel, slide-out QWERTY keyboard, and 14 pre-installed home screen panels while 16 others are available for download. In addition, the Xperia X2 built-in stereo speakers, FM radio, and 8.1 megapixel camera to snaps high-quality photos. The 8.1 megapixel camera can record videos at 30 frames per second and the film clips are of VGA quality.
Furthermore, the new smartphone X2 also comes with Wi-Fi, DLNA, Bluetooth, A-GPS, TV-out, and 110MB Internal memory that can expandable via microSD card up to 16GB. The Xperia X2 smartphone also support quad-band GSM/EDGE and tri-band UMTS/HSPA network.
Features of Sony Ericsson Xperia X2
- 3.2-inches WVGA touchscreen with 480 × 800 pixel resolution by 65K color
- 8.1 megapixel camera auto focus up to 16x digital zoom
- Built-in Bluetooth, A-GPS, Wi-Fi, DLNA, TV-out, USB 2.0
- Support microSDHC (up to 16GB)
- Support GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900) and UMTS/HSPA (850/900/2100) network
- Support talk time GSM up to 10 hours and standby time GSM up to 500 hours
- SlideView – quick access to frequently used phone activities and overview of missed incoming activity
- Real 3D panel – 3D effects and zoom, music playback controls
- Compatible with Windows Mobile 6.5 operating system
The new smartphone is available in two colors: Elegant Black and Modern Silver. Xperia X2 smartphone measures just 110 x 54 x 16 mm and weighs only 115 grams. The phone will be available in the UK starting in October 2009 through selected leading retailer but the price has yet to be announced.