Sony Ericsson has announced its new flagship, revolutionary Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY Android-powered smartphone, which the company claims as the world’s first PlayStation certified smartphone that combines the newest Android 2.3 Gingerbread smartphone platform with cool PlayStation mobile gaming experience. In order to enhance your mobile gaming experience, the Xperia PLAY is featured with a slide-out game pad that consists of a digital D pad, 2 analogue touch pads, 2 shoulder buttons and 4 PlayStation iconic buttons – circle, cross, square and triangle.
Main features of Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY:
- 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor complemented with Adreno GPU graphics processor for 60fps 3D mobile gaming playback
- Large, sharp 4-inch multi-touch TFT screen display with FWVGA (854 x 480 pixels) resolution
- 5.1 megapixel AF camera with flash and geo-tagging capability
- Sliding game controlling pad provides players an ultimate smartphone gaming experience
- Comes bundled with a 8GB microSD memory card
- Two variants of stylish color – black and white
“Sony Ericsson has partnered with key publishers in the gaming industry to deliver a rich, vibrant ecosystem at launch and post launch with many leading new titles available via the Android Marketplace. Leading franchises coming to Xperia PLAY includes EA’s Need For Speed, Sims 3 and a world-first multiplayer version of FIFA 10 for mobile. GLU Mobile/Activision will be bringing Guitar Hero while Gameloft’s titles include Assassin’s Creed and Splinter Cell. Sony Ericsson is also partnering with Unity Technologies, using its award-winning development platform, to ensure a continuous flow of high quality 3D game titles.”
Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY which measures 119 x 62 x 16 mm and weights at 175 grams is expected to be available globally beginning March 2011 but no words on its price yet.
Watch the promo video for Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY below.