Sony Ericsson has expanded the renowned Xperia family with its new Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 Android-powered smartphone, which combines 3″ touch screen, 3.2MP camera, Android platform, A-GPS, smart user interface and Timescape in a single compact device, aiming to bring your communication and entertainment experience to a next level.
Features and Specs of Sony Ericsson Xperia X8:
- 3-inch scratch-resistant capacitive touchscreen with HVGA resolution (320 x 480 pixels)
- 3.2 megapixel camera with geo tagging and instant upload to Facebook
- Customizable four corners offer easy, convenient one hand use and one touch access to most used applications
- Sony Ericsson Timescape shows all your communication with 1 person in one place for ultimate simplicity
- Integrated A-GPS with Google Maps and Wisepilot turn-by-turn navigation
- microSD memory expansion slot supports up to 16GB, comes with free 2GB microSD card
- Dimensions: 99 x 54 x 15 mm ; Weight: 104 grams
“We are delighted to be able to bring the full experience of our Xperia smartphones to new consumers by delivering a fully featured device at a more accessible price position,” said Timo Maassmann, Product Marketing Manager of Xperia X8.
Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 will be available in five variants of colour scheme – white, dark blue/white, aqua blue/white, pink/ white and silver/white, expected to hit selected markets beginning third quarter of 2010 for around 200 Euros.