Although yet unannounced, Sony likely to release Cybershot DSCT100 point-and-shoot digital camera worldwide by March 2007. The new digital camera Sony Cyber-shot DSCT-100 will feature 8.1 megapixel (MP) resolution with 5x optical zoom (35 – 175mm equivalent), plus 3.0-inch (7.6 cm) Clear Photo LCD. Packed with other advanced features such as HD output and optical image stablizer, Sony Cybershot DSC-T100 likely to be a killer digital camera for the year.
Features of Sony Cyber-shot DSCT100:
- 8.1 megapixel resolution to capture high quality photos.
- 5x optical zoom (35 – 175mm equiv.) to maintain superb quality even after enlarge the photo.
- High quality Carl Zeiss Vario Tessar Lens to offer superior colour reproduction and minimal distortion.
- BIONZ Image Processor which originally designed for the Sony Digital SLR and this high speed processor works to reduce noise and maintain colour integrity.
- 3.0″ (7.6cm) Clear Photo LCD.
- Face Detection auto-focus powered by the Bionz engine ensures that subject is recorded with accuracy and clarity by adjusting focus, exposure, flash, white balance adjustment, colour control and redeye.
- Home Menu & on-screen Function Guide.
- Double anti-blur with Super SteadyShot optical image stabilisation (OIS) & High Sensitivity ISO 3200 (with Clear RAW NR Image Processing) to automatically corrects and steadies shaky hands and vibrations or object movement and difficulity in low light shooting.
- Full HD 1080i output (requires optional HD cable VMCMHC1) to display images at up to 1920 x 1080 resolution.
- Memory Stick DUO/DUO Pro compatible (31MB internal memory)
- 31MB internal memory.
- Available in black, silver and red color.
According to SmartSony, Sony Cybershot DSCT100 has the following unique functionalities built-in for the PnS digital camera, without the need of additional filters.
- Cross filter or star filter which turns light sources and specular hightlights into a star.
- Fish eye filter effect.
- Partial color where only 1 object remains in color highlight where else the photo is in black and white.
- Soft focus filter effect to attract attention by focusing on object with blur background.
Sony Cybershot DSCT100 will be retail at price range around $400. Although the name suggests that it should be the upgrade of Sony Cybershot DSCT50, however, DSCT100 does not have touch-screen LCD panel.