Sony has announced the launch of its new nav-u personal navigation devices – NV-U73T (4.3″) and (4.8″) NV-U83T, offering (TTS) Text-To-Speech voice commands, an intuitive color display and real-time traffic reports, allowing users to travel with confidence.
According to the company, “Sony’s new super suction cup comes with both models. It is easy to mount on the windshield or dashboard, providing a tight, stable attachment. Made with a flexible non-adhesive gel, it grips the rugged surface of the dashboard so the touch screen can be mounted closer for an easier reach. Designed to stay put even in the most extreme temperatures, the super suction cup can also be easily removed and transferred to another vehicle.”
Key Features Of Both Sony NV-U73T and NV-U83T:
- Pre-Loaded Maps and Content – Comes pre-loaded with Map Content covering the entire United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico. Enjoy powerful, portable navigation out of the box!
- Dual-View-3D Junction Guide – Dual View capability displays dynamic route information, in addition to the conventional map view, to provide an even clearer view of what’s around the bend or in a highway merge scenario, which Junction to take.
- Gesture Command – With a touch-screen comes control via simple, on-screen finger movements. Commonly used commands such as ‘take me home’ may be accessed by gesturing an inverted ‘V’ on the screen versus paging through numerous menu screens.
- RDS-TMC Traffic Messaging Channel – Step away from standard GPS mapping and towards a more complete navigation solution. Real Time Traffic Information radio reception allows the devices to constantly monitor relevant traffic conditions and automatically re-route you around trouble spots!
Unique Features Of Sony NV-U83T (2008 International CES Innovations Award):
- Bluetooth Handsfree Communication – Using integrated Bluetooth wireless technology, focus on the road ahead instead of your phone. By pairing your Bluetooth-enabled phone to your Nav-U portable satellite navigation system you can make and receive calls on the go.
- Position Plus – Even if GPS signals are temporarily interrupted, such as when driving in a tunnel, the Nav-U NV-U83T will keep you on-track. Position Plus uses multiple sensors to monitor your position relative to the map, so you can continue without worry of losing your way.
The new Sony NV-U73T and NV-U83T personal navigation systems are available now for about $300 and $400, respectively.