Sony has officially announced its new VAIO P Series Lifestyle PC, which the company claims as the world’s lightest 8-inch notebook, featuring refined, polished design with a subtle edge while integrating full-PC features, based on Intel (1.33GHz) processor.
“The VAIO P Series Lifestyle PC is your portal to the world, delivering entertainment and computing in a head-turning device that’s small enough to put in your pocket,” said Mike Abary, senior vice president of VAIO product marketing at Sony Electronics. “Designed for the fashionista in all of us, it’s the ideal companion.”
Impressive highlights of Sony VAIO P Series Lifestyle PC:
- High-resolution (1600 x 768), LED backlit 8-inch ultra-wide display (diagonal) with 2.08:1 aspect ratio
- Sony’s XBRITE-ECO LCD technology producing images in brilliant detail for razor-sharp viewing on-the-go
- Built-in wireless WAN 3G Mobile Broadband, 802.11n Wi-Fi and Stereo A2DP Bluetooth technologies
- Real-time GPS functionality making it easy to find point of interest
- Built-in MOTION EYE webcam and microphone
- Instant-mode option that launches directly into Sony’s Xross Media Bar interface
- Up to 4 hours of battery life (included standard capacity battery) ; Up to 8 hours of battery life (optional large capacity battery)
- Windows Vista operating system
According to Sony, “Engineered to provide the feel of a larger notebook, the VAIO Lifestyle PC provides a convenient typing experience by extending the keyboard to the perimeters of the chassis maximizing the typing area. The spacing between keys has also been engineered to help reduce typing mistakes making it perfect for long fingernails.”
The new compact and lightweight Sony VAIO P Series notebook which measures less than an inch and weighs just 1.4 pounds is available in an array of crystal-inspired colors, including garnet red, emerald green, onyx black, crystal white and classic black, along with $899 starting price.