In this economic downturn and recession period, retrenchment and pay cut are the most worrying concerns of employees. Employees are apprehensive that the deteriorating market conditions will affect their employment, income flow, etc. Knowing the psychologies of these people, spammers try to capitalize on the recession fears by sending out “recession spam” mails to lure innocent or unsuspecting users. These “recession spam” mails contain texts such as: “Money is tight, times are hard. Christmas is over. Time to get a new watch!”; “Affordable brand name watches”; “Get 15% off these”; “Cheaper than you could imagine”, etc.
A subsidiary of Symantec, MessageLabs, who is also a major provider of integrated messaging and web security services, has highlighted the latest threat trends in its MessageLabs Intelligence February report. “In February, the global financial crisis continued to feed the appetite of the spammers, who sent spam that could be described as ‘recession spam,” the report stated. The recession spam mails attract recipients with saving plans or discounted items. These mails will include a link to the promotion plans and packages. Once recipients click on the link, it will redirect users to spammers’ sites rather than the sites stated.
Just be more aware when you see suspicious-looking “recession spam” mails. Users can read the full MessageLabs Intelligence report via the link here.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Ashampoo Backup 2020 Free Download With Full Version License
- DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper Free Download With License Serial Key Giveaway
- PDF Conversa Free Download With Genuine License Key Code
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost