Sprint has announced the upcoming launch of new HTC EVO 3D Android 2.3 Gingerbread-powered smartphone, which the mobile carrier claims as America’s first “glasses-free” 4G-capable device with QHD 3D touchscreen display, capable of capturing and viewing photos and movies in 3D without glasses and sharing at super-fast 4G speeds.
“Sprint is taking wireless innovation to the next level once again as we bring our customers the ability to experience 3D on their phone without glasses,” commented Steve Elfman, president – Network Operations for Product and Wholesale at Sprint. “HTC EVO 3D makes it easy to take pictures or movies in 3D when you are on vacation, and then feel like you are there again when you view it months later. This device takes full advantage of Sprint’s powerful 4G network and offers the innovation one would expect as the next benchmark device in the prestigious EVO product line.”
Key features of HTC EVO 3D:
- Speedy 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon dual-core processor plus 1GB RAM
- 4.3-inch QHD (540 x 960 pixel resolution) 3D touch screen with pinch-to-zoom and tactile feedback
- A pair of 5-megapixel AF cameras with dual power LED flash for stunning 3D photos and videos capture
- 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera for Qik video chatting experience
- 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot shares speedy 3G or 4G speeds with up to 8 WiFi devices simultaneously
- Pre-loaded with Blockbuster On Demand app for easy access to newest movies
- Google Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) with latest version of HTC Sense platform
- Sprint’s unique implementation of Google Voice
- DLNA capability for easily streaming media from the phone to other DLNA-certified home electronics
- Powerful 1730 mAh battery supports up to 450 minutes of talk time
- Built-in 4GB memory, plus microSD memory expansion slot
HTC EVO 3D smartphone which measures 126 x 65 x 12.05 mm and weighs in at 6 ounces is expected to be available by summer 2011 but the exact launch date and pricing details have yet to be announced.
Watch the promo video of HTC EVO 3D: