Slow download is a very common problem faced by almost all internet users. Download over the internet can be slow due to peak usage, lost connection, network problems, computer problems, unexpected power outages, etc. The worse part is when you download some urgent files, the downloading process keeps being interrupted and you need to restart the whole process many times. It is really irritating and frustrating. To streamline your downloading process, probably you can try out Internet Download Manager (IDM).
Internet Download Manager is a useful tool which can increase your download speeds by up to 5 times. This application uses a smart download logic accelerator that features intelligent dynamic file segmentation and safe multipart downloading technology to accelerate the download processes. Users can also use the resume feature available to continue the downloading at the point where it was interrupted. Besides, users can also use this application to schedule all downloads. IDM generally is quite user friendly and easy to operate via its simple graphic user interface. In terms of compatibility, IDM works well with all the popular browsers such as Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Netscape, MSN Explorer, AOL, Opera, Firebird, Avant Browser, MyIE2, etc. It supports proxy servers, ftp and http protocols, firewalls, redirects, cookies, directories with authorization, MP3 audio and MPEG video content processing, and a large number of directory listing formats.
Internet Download Manager has released the latest version, IDM 5.14 Build 2. There are a few new features added in this release after taking in users’ requests, comments and suggestions:
• Added IDM Download Panel for IE and IE based browsers that appear on top of a web-player when IDM detects a multimedia request from the web-player. IDM download panel is used to download and save audio and video files that are played by the web player. It can be used to download flash videos from sites like YouTube, MySpaceTV, Google Videos, etc.
• Redeveloped from scratch and completely replaced IDM integration modules for IE and IE based browsers on more stable ones. Note that previous IDM integration modules were designed for IE 5.0 and were getting obsolete. The new modules also fix problems with “Download with IDM” feature
• Added an option to start IDM download queues on IDM startup
• Made workarounds to download files from several problem sites
• Version 5.14 includes all latest bug fixes
Internet Download Manager is not free. However, users can download it via the direct link here and enjoy the 30 days’ trial.