SyncToy, the free files and folders synchronization software from Microsoft, is one of the rare gem of Microsoft released freeware which has impressive features and reliability, has been updated to version 2.1. SyncToy v2.1 is powered by the latest synchronization engine from Microsoft Sync Framework 2.0, and promises better performance and robustness.
The main function of SyncToy is to synchronizes files and folders between locations, which makes it ideal to be used to share files, such as photos, with other computers, or create backup copies of files and folders. SyncToy also helps users who need to maintain and keep two storage exactly in sync by doing the heavy lifting involved with the copying, moving, and synchronization of different directories. SyncToy works by allowing user to create and definite multiple sets of folder pairs, and able to sync these folder pairs at the same time with three synchronization mode – synchronize, echo or contribute, with support for sync of renamed files.
To supplement some lack of functionality, such as scheduling, SyncToy supports command-line arguments, which allow users to use Task Scheduler to automatically schedule and run SyncToy synchronization.
Features and improvements in SyncToy 2.1:
- Better Performance: The speed of file copy operations is significantly increased across the board.
- Improved Robustness: Much more resilient to transient network and file system errors and better error reporting which pin-points which file the sync failed on in case there’s a fatal error that stops the sync.
- Folder pair configuration backup: Folder pair configuration is automatically backed up under %localappdata%\microsoft\synctoy\2.0. User can replace SyncToyDirPairs.bin with the backup copy to resolve last saved configuration.
- Bug Fixes:
- Fixed the data corruption issue when using SyncToy with NAS drives.
- Fixed the issue that prevented uploading files to SharePoint when using SyncToy 2.0.
- Fixed the issue that prevented delete changes from being synchronized when the sync option is set to “Echo”.
- Fixed the UI issue where reported file time were off by the difference between local time and UTC when destination is a FAT volume.
SyncToy 2.1 is available 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x64) flavors from Microsoft Download Center, or user can download using direct download links below:
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- How To Download Videos in TikTok – Step-By-Step Guide
- Facebook Messenger Dark Mode – How To Enable Facebook Messenger Dark Mode
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18845 For Skip Ahead Insiders With Update Emoji 12.0
- Mozilla Firefox 66 Announced With Features Support Windows Hello
- How to Enable Google Chrome Dark Mode On Windows PC