Telnet (Telecommunication network) is an ancient network protocol used on the Internet or local area networks to connect to remote host and provide a bidirectional interactive command-line interface communications facility. In Windows operating system, Telnet client application software is included to provide telnet capability. Telnet does include in all Windows system, but due to insecure connection security concern, Telnet no longer been enabled by default in Windows Vista and Windows 7, and future Windows operating system.
In order to enable and install Telnet in Windows 7, the steps are easy, and similar to procedures to turn on and enable Telnet in Windows Vista:
- Open Control Panel.
- Go to Programs or Programs and Features.
- Click Turn Windows features on or off.
- In the “Windows Features” dialog box, select (tick) the Telnet Client check box.
- Click OK.
- After installation is done, Telnet can be used and called immediately.
If you encounter “An error has occurred. Not all of the features were successfully changed” error message when enabling Telnet in Windows 7, the best workaround is to use third party Telnet client, such as PuTTY, which also supports recommended SSH client, or PuTTYtel, a Telnet-only client.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Xiaomi AMAZFIT Cor IPS Smartband User Manual English Version
- Xiaomi Mijia Mini 4K 30fps Action Camera User Manual English Version
- Free Download 8 Awesome Software (Worth $350+) For Special Giveaway
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18234 Released to Insider in Fast ring for PC – Here’s What’s New Improvements, Fixes, and Known Issues
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17755 What’s New, Fixed and Known issues for PCs