The leading company in digital camcorder industry, Sony has announced the launch of its new HDR-CX12 Handycam, which the company claims as the world’s first HD (high-definition) camcorder with both Smile Shutter and face detection technologies, recording full HD (resolution of 1920 x 1080) video and 10 megapixel pictures on Sony Memory Stick PRO Duo media and any Memory Stick PRO Duo (Mark2) media cards.
“Advanced technologies such as ‘smile shutter’ make memory capture automatic so you can relax and enjoy the moment at hand,” said Kelly Davis, director of camcorder marketing at Sony Electronics. “Leveraging these key technologies across multiple product lines is another example of Sony’s commitment to anticipate consumer needs by making video capture more seamless, easy and fun.”
Key Features Of Sony HDR-CX12 Memory Stick Handycam:
- ClearVid CMOS sensor with Exmor-derived technology for stunning video detail and clarity
- 2.7-inch Clear Photo LCD Plus screen
- BIONZ imaging processor
- Advanced Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T 12x optical zoom lens
- Super SteadyShot optical image stabilization for smooth video and clear photos
- Dolby Digital 5.1-channel surround sound recording
- Built-in zoom microphone to record clear dialogue
- Supplied Handycam Station cradle for easy DVD creation
According to the company, “It also features child and adult prioritization so you can capture photos when your intended subject group smiles. This camcorder can even detect and capture a smile while in standby mode – just aim the camcorder and you’ll capture smiling moments.”
The new Sony HDR-CX12 AVCHD camcorder will be available early August 2008 for about $900.