Lenovo has announced its latest high-performance desktop PCs which named as ThinkCentre M90 and M90p. The new desktops are being designed to target large business markets with enhanced security, manageability and flexibility features. The ThinkCentre M90 and M90p are also Lenovo’s first ThinkCentre desktops to feature the new 2010 Intel Core vPro family of processors which provide added power for easy multitask even when operating intensive applications.
“Our customers tell us their technology priorities in 2010, including migrating to Windows 7, are to help minimize costs and streamline operations,” said by Dilip Bhatia, executive director, ThinkCentre Marketing, Lenovo. “The new ThinkCentre M90 and M90p are not only designed to help large businesses lower costs in PC management, but are equipped with the latest technologies to foster stronger productivity, ensure better security and allow IT managers to more efficiently manage large global fleets.”
The ThinkCentre M90 and M90p desktops include Intel Core i5 and i7 processors with Intel Turbo Boost and Intel Hyper-Threading technologies for up to 81 percent better performance as compared to its predecessor model.
Advanced software management tools of M90 and M90p include:
- Remote Power Management – Power Manager, a Lenovo ThinkVantage Technology, together with the Energy Star compliant Power Supply Unit on the desktops, enables IT managers to remotely monitor energy consumption of PCs in specific departments or locations, as well as across the entire fleet.
- Added Flexibility and Scalability – The new M90 and M90p desktops support the latest version of Lenovo Secure Managed Client 2.0, a remote storage-based solution that offers the flexibility and benefits of an alternative client solution like centralized image and user provisioning, secure data storage and redundancy and single image capability without sacrificing the end-user desktop experience.
- Advanced Remote PC Fleet Management – Using hardware-based Intel vPro Technology, IT managers can more effectively discover, heal and protect networked M90p desktops throughout their PC fleet.
- Lenovo Enhanced Experience for Windows 7 – The desktops boot-up in as quickly as 35 seconds and shutdown in as little as 9.6 seconds.4 The new desktops also support multi-touch capabilities when paired with the Lenovo L2461x Wide monitor.
- Enhanced PC Fleet Security Tools – Hardware Password Manager, another ThinkVantage Technology, provides IT managers oversight of user, supervisory, BIOS and HDD passwords to help companies increase their overall level of data security while reducing the time and expense associated with resetting employee passwords. Combined with the Intel Trusted Platform Module, this solution provides rock-solid, layered hardware and software security for added data protection.
- New Ergonomic Design – The desktops come with useful design features like a built-in top handle for easy transport and an easy-to-reach power button. A tilted design on the front I/O ports makes it easy and quick to see, plug and play.
Available in tower, small form factor and ultra-small form factors, the M90 will be available at the price from $779 while M90p from $899. Both systems are expected to be available in the consumer markets in February.