Great news for users of TomTom’s popular iPhone GPS navigation application! The global leading provider of navigation solution, TomTom has announced that it will update its iPhone navigation app with major improvements and new features for free, including lane guidance, text-to-speech, iPod control, “Help Me!” and customizable audio warnings, aiming to ensure users always have the best navigation experience.
Free Updates Of TomTom’s iPhone Navigation App Offers New Features Including:
- Advanced lane guidance giving drivers extra clarity while navigating difficult junctions (both landscape and portrait mode)
- Text-to-speech enables street names and places to be read aloud as part of the spoken instructions, helping motorists to keep their eyes on the road
- “Help Me” provides direct access to emergency numbers and directions to the nearest emergency providers
- Customizable audio warnings while approaching safety cameras or driving over the speed limit, increasing driver safety and saving money
- iPod player control ensuring drivers can conveniently control their music from within the application
- Updated map and safety camera database (available in selected European countries)
“The TomTom app for iPhone is a priority for us and we are committed to both its long term development and everyday improvements,” commented Benoit Simeray, TomTom’s senior vice president, On-board Mobile. “Current and future customers of our application for the iPhone can count on more great updates from TomTom for free.”
According to TomTom, the free update of TomTom’s iPhone navigation application is being submitted to Apple for review and expected to be available soon.