The global leading provider of navigation solutions and digital maps, TomTom NV has launched its new entry-level car navigation device which focuses on easy-to-use, smart route planning, named as TomTom Start. TomTom Start combines 3.5″ touch display, IQ Routes and Map Share technology in a single device, aiming to enhance your in-car navigation experience.
Main Features Of TomTom Start:
- Plug & Go – without the need of installation
- Simplified menu displays 2 simple button user interface – Plan route and Browse map
- 3.5-inch TFT LCD touchscreen with QVGA resolution (320×240 pixels)
- Semi-fixed EasyPort mount folds neatly onto the back of the GPS navigator
- IQ Routes technology calculates the fastest route any time of day, based on thousands of free map corrections made by TomTom users every day thanks to Map Share technology
- Large, high quality speaker provide users loud and clear voice instructions
- Help menu provides users a direct access to emergency numbers and directions to the nearest emergency providers
- Personalise and spice up your device with Changeable covers StartSkins, available in 6 eye-catching colors – Flaming red, Ice blue, Electric green, Deep purple. Sunburst yellow and Flaming orange
“With the introduction of TomTom Start, we have taken another step in democratising navigation by making it easy to use, accessible and affordable, but without compromising on providing drivers with the fastest route,” said Corinne Vigreux, Managing Director of TomTom. “Available in six stylish colours, the TomTom Start is equipped with the unique innovative solutions IQ Routes and Map Share technology.”
The new compact TomTom Start in-car GPS device which measures 94 x 81 x 20 mm and weights just 125 grams is available for Є129 (regional map) and Є149 (European map), respectively. And the colourful StartSkin covers is priced at £14.99 per colour.