One of the world’s largest computer and electronics companies, Toshiba has announced the launch of its new portable, stylish 10.1-inch mini notebook – Toshiba mini NB200, which features truly modern design and 3D-accelerometer monitoring system that dramatically detects freefalls, shocks as well as vibrations, aiming to secure against the loss of valuable data.
“Our new Toshiba mini NB200 responds to this demand and offers a perfect balance of portability, quality and usability without compromising any of them,” said Thomas Teckentrup, General Manager, Toshiba Computer Systems Division Europe. “The smaller devices are, the more consumers value the design aspect. We very much took this into account; the new Toshiba mini NB200 represents an elegant design statement.”
Impressive Features And Specifications Of Toshiba mini NB200:
- 1.6GHz Intel Atom processor N270 or 1.66 GHz Intel N280 Atom processor with Intel 945GSE graphics chipset
- 10.1-inch widescreen TruBrite LED backlight display with 1024×600 pixels resolution
- 3D-accelerometer monitoring system detects freefalls, shocks and vibrations, protecting valuable data stored on the 160GB hard drive
- 3 cell battery (up to 4 hours) or 6 cell battery (up to 9 hours battery life)
- Near full size tiled keyboard and extra large touchpad
- Bluetooth, mobile broadband and Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g) connectivity
- Built-in 0.3 megapixel webcam and 3 USB 2.0 slots (1 of them features innovative Sleep-and-Charge mode allowing users to charge even when the machine is off)
The new Toshiba mini NB200 that arrives in cosmic black, satin brown, snow white and silky pink colours is expected to be available by May 2009, with prices starting from £319 (according to spec).