You might have purchased Window Vista and now scratching your head and wonder how to move all your bookmarks, music and other files from your old computer to a new PC with Windows Vista.
Technically, Windows Vista provides you a free tool called “Windows Easy Transfer”. This free tool is designed to move most of your personal stuff by means of a cable connection between old and new machine. It is something like the “Files and Settings Transfer Wizard” that came with Windows XP.
In accordance to Microsoft’s own description of Windows Easy Transfer, this tool can move your user accounts and settings, personal files and folders, email settings, messages and contacts, internet settings, bookmarks, your digital music, pictures, video files, etc to your new PC. It can be done via network or with recordable discs or other methods of transferring. Windows Easy Transfer tool can also move program settings and preferences if you have the same programs installed on the new computer.
Windows Easy Transfer makes things easier and faster. Even though it is useful, but there are a few weaknesses. This transfer tool is only designed to transfer files and settings from older machines running Windows 2000 or later. Users who are using Windows 98, Windows ME and Windows NT might need to find separate software or other solutions. If you are having this problem, it is no harm to try out “Laplink PCmover”. This software is designed to move your files and settings between machines and it works with older versions of Windows.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost
- Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Build 18362 (19H1)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18885 (20H1) Released to Windows Insiders in Fast Ring – Here What’s New, Fixes, Changes, Improvements
- Google Chrome 74 Released – Here the Changes and Download Links