Twitter, the most popular microblogging service, has officially released a native Twitter app for Windows 8 Modern UI through the Windows Store.
Lack of apps, especially from the popular services and developers, is the Achilles heel for the popularity of Windows 8, especially for Windows RT which does not support running of desktop applications.
Thus, the arrival of Twitter client for Windows 8 and Windows RT proved to be a welcoming news for Microsoft, who even blogged about it.
According to Twitter, Twitter client for Windows 8 and Windows RT has the following specific Windows 8 features:
- Snap view: Use another app alongside Twitter. Snap Twitter into the left or right side of the screen and then start using another app. You’ll be able to keep up with the conversations that are happening on Twitter while you watch a streaming video or read a news story. With snap view, you can adjust the size of the app to one-third, two-thirds or full screen.
- Photos: Large and center. With an all-new landscape view, not only can you view a larger version of individual photos, but you can also swipe horizontally to view multiple photos in the Discover tab or a user’s profile. Tap a photo to view it in full screen, which showcases large photos in the center of the screen, or view the photo gallery from your favorite users.
- Share charm: Tweet from any app, at any time. Simply swipe from the right edge of Windows 8 and then choose the Share charm to share content from any app, such as a photo or news article, to Twitter.
- Search charm: Search when you’re inspired. Similar to the Share charm, the Search charm makes it easy to find an account or see Tweets using a certain hashtag. Just swipe from the right edge of Windows 8 from any app and select the Search charm.
- Live Tiles and notifications: Don’t miss a beat. Keep up with what’s happening on Twitter using the Twitter Live Tiles and notifications, which show no matter which app you’re running.
Twitter for Windows 8 and Windows RT can be downloaded for free from Windows Store.
Twitter has also prepared a video to introduce the Windows 8 Modern Twitter app, and how the app can be used:
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17682 (RS5) Finally Released With Lots of New Improvements
- MSD Passwords Free Download With Genuine License Key Code
- Google Chrome 67 Available – New, Changes, and Improvement Full Changelog [Offline Installer]
- Take a Screenshot on Mac With Apowersoft Mac Screenshot Free Download Genuine License Key
- Apowersoft ApowerMirror Free Download With Genuine License Series Key