It’s pretty easy to change time zone by using Control Panel’s Date and Time applet GUI. In Windows 7, the operating system also includes a command line utility named TZUtil.exe, which allows user to change a system’s timezone by typing command in Command Prompt window.
TZUtil or Windows Time Zone Utility can be used to display current time zone ID or set the system timezone to specified time zone ID, with support to disable Daylight Saving Time adjustments (if applicable) for the time zone with _dstoff suffix.
How to Use TZUtil to Set or Display Time Zone
- Click on Start -> All Programs -> Accessories, and click on Command Prompt, or simply type Cmd in Start Search and hit Enter.
- Use the following TZUtil syntax to construct the command:
TZUTIL <? | /g | /s TimeZoneID[_dstoff] | /l>
Parameters available is /? (displays usage information), /g (displays the current time zone ID), /s (sets the current time zone using the specified time zone ID, with the _dstoff suffix disables Daylight Saving Time adjustments for the time zone), and /l (lists all valid time zone IDs and display names).
TZUTIL /s “Pacific Standard Time”
TZUTIL /s “Pacific Standard Time_dstoff”
TZUTIL /s “GMT Standard Time”
The last command will set the PC time zone to Greenwich Meridian Standard Time (GMT or UTC).
Tip: To get a list of available time zone IDs, type TZUTIL /l.
Check out complete list of Windows 7 tips and tricks.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost
- Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Build 18362 (19H1)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18885 (20H1) Released to Windows Insiders in Fast Ring – Here What’s New, Fixes, Changes, Improvements
- Google Chrome 74 Released – Here the Changes and Download Links