Windows Vista SP1 RC Refresh 2 is probably the closet version to the RTM release of Service Pack 1 for Vista. There even many forums and blogs that dubbed Vista SP1 RC Refresh 2 with build number 6001.18000.080118-1840 as the RTM version, mainly due to the fact that Vista Service Pack 1 is now officially called only “Service Pack 1”, without version number, and the desktop does not carry and plant with “Evaluation Copy” watermark anymore.
However, Microsoft has not officially announced the release of Vista SP1 RTM edition, and the documentation comes together with 6.0.6001.18000 (more detail 6001.18000.080118-1840) build version of SP1 RTM has clearly stated that it’s SP1 RC Refresh 2. Whether you want to believe it’s the RTM version of Vista SP1, this version has been assumed by many Vista enthusiasts as final RTM copy of Vista SP1, and been used to slipstream to Vista RTM to create integrated Windows Vista Service Pack 1 ISO DVD image with fake ‘self assigned’ version number such as 6001.18000.080126-2040 and 6001.18000.080131-1830.
It’s possible to install Windows Vista SP1 RC Refresh 2 6001.18000 build popularly believed as the final RTM version of Vista SP1 via registry key before official release date, or download the standalone offline setup packages from BitTorrent (BT) network using torrent files below to upgrade the installed Vista RTM in used.
Windows Vista Service Pack 1 x86 (6001.18000 or probably RTM) in 36 Languages: MICROSOFT.WINDOWS.VISTA.SERVICE.PACK.1.x86.RTM.IN.36.LANGUAGE.-WZTiSO.torrent
Windows Vista Service Pack 1 x86 (6001.18000 or probably RTM) English: MICROSOFT.WINDOWS.VISTA.SERVICE.PACK.1.x86.RTM.ENGLISH.-WZTiSO.torrent
Windows Vista Service Pack 1 x64 (6001.18000 or probably RTM) in 36 Languages: MICROSOFT.WINDOWS.VISTA.SERVICE.PACK.1.x64.RTM.IN.36.LANGUAGE.-WZTiSO.torrent
Windows Vista Service Pack 1 x64 (6001.18000 or probably RTM) English: MICROSOFT.WINDOWS.VISTA.SERVICE.PACK.1.x64.RTM.ENGLISH.-WZTiSO.torrent
Note: No longer need to speculate whether RCR2 is RTM, as final official SP1 for public download has been released. See link above.
Languages contained in 36 languages edition include de-DE, en-US, es-ES, fr-FR, ja-JP, zh-TW, ko-KR, bg-BG, cs-CZ, da-DK, el-GR, et-EE, fi-FI, hu-HU, it-IT, lt-LT, lv-LV, nb-NO, nl-NL, pl-PL, pt-PT, ro-RO, sk-SK, sl-SI, sv-SE, ar-SA, he-IL, hr-HR, pt-BR, sr-latn-CS, th-TH, tr-TR, uk-UAa, zh-CN, ru-RU.
After updating to 6001.18000, the registry keys of Buildlab and BuildlabEx in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion will show 6001.longhorn_rtm.080118-1840 and 6001.x86fre.longhorn_rtm.080118-1840. Although shown RTM, things to note is that 2 features promised by Microsoft – anti counterfeit measure against OEM BIOS activation crack and DirectX 10.1 – have not been included in this refresh 2 version.
Last but not least, some reports have mentioned that 6001.18000.080118-1840 contains major bug and the Vista SP1 RTM will have build number of 6001.18000.080126-2040 after fixing. If true, it will coincidently same version with the ‘repack version’ done by a Chinese hacker which used to label a English and Chinese languages only Vista SP1 DVD installer.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost
- Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Build 18362 (19H1)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18885 (20H1) Released to Windows Insiders in Fast Ring – Here What’s New, Fixes, Changes, Improvements
- Google Chrome 74 Released – Here the Changes and Download Links