There are high risks involved in using the Internet because users are constantly exposed to scam sites, malware, spyware, viruses and identity thefts. The consequences of accessing these sites can be long lasting and complicated. In order to keep users safe from these pitfalls, a free Internet security addon for both IE and Firefox browser, WOT (Web of Trust) can perhaps minimize the risks.
WOT is a free application which acts as a warning indicator and can be added to the browser. Once it is added, WOT’s color-coded icons will show the safety ratings given to a website: red indicates danger, amber for caution and green means go. A total of 21 million websites are rated by WOT using sophisticated algorithms. Data is collected through multiple sources from spam blacklists to phishing to ensure more reliable results.
The WOT rankings are categorized into four: vendor reliability, trustworthiness, privacy, and child safety. Available in ten languages, WOT is especially useful for users who like to surf the Net and more often than not stumble upon unscrupulous web content. It blocks these websites before any serious damage is done. Concerned parents or guardians can also use WOT to block inappropriate websites for children.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost
- Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Build 18362 (19H1)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18885 (20H1) Released to Windows Insiders in Fast Ring – Here What’s New, Fixes, Changes, Improvements
- Google Chrome 74 Released – Here the Changes and Download Links