The public beta of first service pack (SP1) for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 is set to be officially released by end of July, according Bob Muglia, President of Microsoft’s Server and Tools Business during the annual Tech-Ed conference, with final RTM bits of Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 coming by Q4 (Quarter 4) 2010.
In mid June 2010, Microsoft Windows Customer Connection Team had sent out invitations to selected group of testers to invite them to join and participate in the early access and download of pre-release version of SP1 for the purpose of validating the release readiness. In fact, Microsoft had released the first beta version of Service Pack 1 in English, German, Japanese, French and Spanish language editions to the participants on June 22nd, 2010. The SP1 files comes in the ISO file named 7601.16562.100603-1800_Update_Sp_Wave0-B1SP1.0_DVD.iso with size of 1,254.15 MB.
The released Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 has the build version of 7601.16562.100603-1800 (6.1.7601.16562 v.178 with full version string as 6.1.7601.16562.win7sp1_beta.100603-1800). The build number indicates that the beta build was compiled on June 3rd, 2010. However, it’s unclear if the build will be the official SP1 beta that will be released for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2.
Tip: The same service pack applies to both Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2.
The Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Beta build 6.1.7601.16562 setup installers have been leaked to the Internet for anybody who is interested to download. Apparently, the SP1 will available in wave 0 only, which means there is only English, German, Japanese, French and Spanish available, as confirmed by a Microsoft Help article.
Download Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Beta Build 7601.16562 v.178
32-bit (x86) : Windows6.1-KB976932-x86-INTL.exe
Size: 300,592,880 byte
64-bit (x64): Windows6.1-KB976932-X64-INTL.exe
Size: 562,976,752 byte
Size: 450,749,152 byte
Download the complete Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Beta ISO: 7601.16562.100603-1800_Update_Sp_Wave0-B1SP1.0_DVD.iso
The SP1 is said to be not contained much enhancements or new features other than roll-up of previously released hotfixes and security updates. However, there is some new features that may be exciting to some users, such as Dynamic Memory Allocation with Hyper-V and RemoteFX. Check out on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 notable changes for more details.
6.1.7601.16562.win7sp1_beta.100603- 1800 – actual build in win7sp1_beta branch
6.1.7601.16562.win7sp1_beta.100603- 1800 – Previous build
6.1.7601.16561.win7sp1_beta.100527- 1447 – previous build
6.1.7601.16560.win7sp1_beta.100524- 1800 – previous build
6.1.7601.16559.win7sp1_beta.100506- 1349 – previous build
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Steganos Privacy Suite 19 Free Download With Genuine License Key
- Zemana AntiMalware Premium Free Download For Limited Time
- Microsoft Edge Dev 18.104.22.168 New Updated Now Available for Download
- Bitdefender Total Security 2020 Free Download With Genuine License Series Key
- Norton Security Deluxe Free Download With 3 Months Genuine License Serial Key