Besides releasing the , Microsoft has also released RTM Refresh version of Windows Phone 7 Training Kit. The Windows Phone 7 Training Kit (RTM Refresh) is being designed for developers to jumpstart into the new Windows Phone world by providing a comprehensive explanation of the tools and some key concepts for programming Windows Phone. As compared to previous version of , the RTM refresh version has been added five new labs which made it a total of 12 labs. The RTM refresh of Windows Phone 7 training kit consists of two major labs which are Silverlight and XNA Framework labs.
The Silverlight labs include the following developer labs:
- Hello Windows Phone – how to use Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Express for Windows Phones, Expression Blend to build and design your Windows Phone applications, and how to deploy and debug your Windows Phone application on the Windows Phone Emulator.
- Building your First Windows Phone 7 Application – starting a new project, adding controls and code behind, and testing and debugging.
- Windows Phone Navigation and Controls – how to use Microsoft Visual Phone Developer 2010 Express in order to build and design a Windows Phone application.
- Using Push Notifications – create the server-side logic needed to send messages through Push Notifications Services.
- Launchers and Choosers – walk you through the launchers and choosers concepts as implemented in the Windows Phone 7 application model and cover the different launchers and choosers available in this release.
- Application Lifecycle – focuses on the tombstone (or tombstoning) aspect of the Windows Phone Application Life Cycle.
- Using Bing Maps – create Windows Phone applications that include an enhanced mapping experience.
- Using Pivot and Panorama Controls – how to use the new controls for presenting information, Pivot and Panorama, and how to navigate between the application pages and how to handle page state information when your page gets navigated away to a different application.
The XNA Framework labs include the following developer labs:
- Game Development with XNA Framework – how to use Microsoft Visual 2010 Express for Windows Phone to build and design your XNA Game Studio games for Windows Phones.
- Catapult Wars Lab – learn to build a simple two-dimensional (2D) game using XNA Game Studio in order to become familiar with the key concepts of XNA Game Studio development.
- Tombstoning, Launcher and Chooser, and then some with XNA Fremework – focuses on more advanced features like choosing background music, sending messages (using SMS task), and handling tombstoning in an XNA game.
- 3D Game Development with XNA Framework – learn how to build a simple, yet complete, 3D game using XNA Game Studio.
The Windows Phone 7 Training Kit (RTM Refresh) is available as a free download without stepping through any registration, from Microsoft:
- Windows Phone Training kit for Developers (Silverlight and XNA Framework labs):
- Windows Phone Training kit for Developers (Silverlight labs):
- Windows Phone Training kit for Developers (XNA Framework labs):