The difference between Windows Vista with previous operating system from Microsoft is that consumers can buy and download Windows Vista online from Windows Marketplace and have access to the software instantly. This may be due to increase confidence on anti-piracy measures built into Vista. But apparently, everyone who purchase the Vista license and product key via Internet will get the exactly same download links for 32-bit Windows Vista installation files, no matter it’s full or upgrade version and regardless of which title edition of Windows Vista bought.
Now the direct download links to the Windows Vista files purchased online have been leaked. As mentioned, the downloads are for 32-bit edition of Windows Vista (in order to get 64-bit Windows Vista installer, you need to order DVD from Microsoft after transaction). The Vista files is just like a complete DVD on retail market, can be used to install all editions – Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Business and Ultimate (see comparison matrix), and either upgrade or complete full edition (see price differences). The only thing that matters is Vista product key given online, which will determine and unlock only the correct features assigned to the purchased edition.
The 3 Windows Vista installer package parts to download are listed:
- boot.wim (116 MB)
- install.wim (2.24 GB)
- X13-49120.exe (73.7 MB)
The files are hosting on the server on domain msft-dnl.digitalrivercontent.net owned by Digital River, one of the delivery partners for Vista and also the brain behind Windows Marketplace e-commerce store.
After downloading the files, simply double click on the executable (.exe) to start to install Vista. Note that 3 files must be put together in the same directory. You still need a product key where you can buy immediately from Windows Marketplace, or if you prefer Vista in a box, buy from Amazon.
If you have lost the direct download links, here is direct download links for the Vista files:
There is also direct download links for 64-bit edition of Vista.
Learn how to make a bootable DVD from these downlaoded Vista files.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Xiaomi AMAZFIT Cor IPS Smartband User Manual English Version
- Xiaomi Mijia Mini 4K 30fps Action Camera User Manual English Version
- Free Download 8 Awesome Software (Worth $350+) For Special Giveaway
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18234 Released to Insider in Fast ring for PC – Here’s What’s New Improvements, Fixes, and Known Issues
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17755 What’s New, Fixed and Known issues for PCs