exFAT (Extended File Allocation Table, which also known as FAT64) is a proprietary file system introduced by Microsoft for embedded devices in Windows Embedded CE 6.0 and Windows operating system. exFAT file system is suited especially for flash drives, where NTFS file system is not a feasible solution due to data structure disk space overhead, which is greatly reduced in exFAT.
exFAT also improves over FAT with large files support of over 4 GB, large hard disk drive support of over 32 GB, and large files amount support of over 1000, which is important in view of larger and greater size of media files and multimedia contents. exFAT also enable seamless interoperability between desktop computers and devices, such as portable media devices. Because of this functionality, you can easily copy files between the desktop and external devices or between the desktop and other operating systems.
Microsoft adds support for exFAT file system natively into Windows operating system starting from Windows Vista SP1. For Windows XP users, exFAT support (or driver to mount a hard disk drive with exFAT filesystem) can be added to Windows XP with KB955704 hotfix.
KB955704 can be downloaded from Microsoft Download Center and installed into Windows XP SP2 or Windows XP SP3. Alternatively, directly download the WindowsXP-KB955704-x86-ENU.exe from Microsoft server.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Steganos Privacy Suite Free Download With Genuine License Series Key Code
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18262 Released To Insiders in the Fast Ring and Skip Ahead
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18267 – What’s New, Improved, Fixed, and Known issues
- O&O DiskImage Free Download With Genuine License Key Code
- Avira Prime Free 3-Months All-in-One Premium Services – Avira Antivirus Pro, Avira Phantom VPN Pro, Avira Identity Scanner Pro, Avira System Speedup Pro, Avira Software Updater Pro, Password Manager Pro