After upgrading to Skype 5.5, and if a Skype users choose the Compact View option instead of Default View, a window titled Skype Home will automatically open and appear every time Skype program is starting or on computer reboot. The additional “Skype Home” window effectively defeat the purpose of Compact View, where users who supposed to get a smaller Skype main window now is getting two windows instead of one.
To make matter worse, Skype does not provide an option to disable or stop Skype Home screen from autostart.
As a workaround, Andrew Worcester wrote a tiny program that taking care of any extra Skype Home window. The “Kill Skype Home” app is designed to start with Windows. It will search any any open windows named “Skype Home”, and when found, to silently kill and close the window.
Once the Skype Home window is killed, the app will also automatically closes itself so that it does not take up any system resources. A nifty feature as Skype Home window won’t auto open except during the loading of Skype program, which usually happen only when starting Windows.
While it’s not a parameter that directly disable the Skype Home feature within Skype, the app is still the best alternative available that get rid of the Skype Home pop up automatically as soon as it happens, and without the need to move your mouse.
Download Kill Skype Home: KillSkypeHome.zip
After installing, right click on the Kill Skype Home icon on system tray (notification area), and select “Start with Windows” so that it can force Skype Home window to exit on system startup.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost
- Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Build 18362 (19H1)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18885 (20H1) Released to Windows Insiders in Fast Ring – Here What’s New, Fixes, Changes, Improvements
- Google Chrome 74 Released – Here the Changes and Download Links