In Windows 7, Windows Sidebar gets a major overhaul. The gadgets no longer restricts to need to pin to the bar of sidebar anymore, which normally located at the side of the desktop. Gadgets can now roam free and locate anywhere on desktop in Windows 7. Some people may prefer gadgets that stick to Sidebar, or Windows Sidebar that actually runs and exists, and can be closed once to hide all gadgets, there is a workaround to implement such Windows Sidebar system in Windows 7.
The workaround is to install Windows Vista Sidebar into Windows 7, replacing the new version of sidebar component, as similar with resolution to fix gadget not working when UAC is turned off in Windows 7. After the hack found as found by Suicide Solution, Windows 7 gadget will have to run in the sidebar area, which is a bar that can be located on the side of the desktop.
- Close all gadgets on desktop.
- Take ownership and grant full control permissions for Administrators user group of the following files located in C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar folder:
And inside the en-US Folder:
- Rename to backup the 4 files listed above.
- Download Win7-Sidebar-Fix.zip.
- Extract and copy the contents of the ZIP file to their corresponding folders in C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar folder, overwrite and replace existing files if applicable.
- Re-add gadgets to desktop.
Voila, now Windows 7 has the sidebar program, which can be opened, closed, and exited, together with all gadgets added to it.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- PDF Conversa Free Download With Genuine License Key Code
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost
- Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Build 18362 (19H1)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18885 (20H1) Released to Windows Insiders in Fast Ring – Here What’s New, Fixes, Changes, Improvements