In an effort to stay competitive with revenue sharing viral video sites like Revver, Chad Hurley, co-founder of YouTube, said that his site will start sharing profits with its millions of users. The announcement was made during Hurley’s speech at the World Economic Forum in Switzerland this past Saturday. Many active YouTube users have started removing their videos and reposting them on Revver or Metacafe so they can make some money off their hard work. Revver started sharing profits with their users back in October of 2005.
“We are getting an audience large enough where we have an opportunity to support creativity, to foster creativity through sharing revenue with our users… So in the coming months we are going to be opening that up” Hurley said.
About 70 million videos are viewed daily on YouTube, which was sold to Google for $1.65 billion last year.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18361 Released Fast ring Insiders – Here’s What’s New Improvements, Fixes, and Known Issues
- DVDFab Blu-ray Copy + Blu-ray Ripper Free Download With License Key Code
- Windows 10 Build 18351 For Insiders in Slow Ring for PC – Here What’s Fixes, Changes, Improvements, and Known Issues
- DriverMax Free Download With 1-year Genuine License Serial Key
- Windows 10 Build 18342.8 For Insiders in Slow Ring for PC – Here What’s New, Fixed and Improvement, and Known Issues