After long awaited, Asus has finally announced the arrival of its Eee Reader DR900 which was first unveiled in March at CeBIT. The 9-inch touchscreen e-book reader has been designed to provide 2.25 times reading area as compared to Asus 6-inch e-book reader. The Eee Reader DR900 has been improved with SiPix e-paper display and capacitive touch screen with virtual keyboard for display renders text as crisp as ink on paper and easy texting.
Key features of the ASUS Eee Reader DR900 includes:
- 9-inch SiPix e-paper display with 1024 x 768 resolutions.
- Built-in 2GB storage memory.
- Supports MicroSD card slot.
- Optional 3G.
- Supports 802.11b/g WiFi.
- Built-in micro USB ports.
- 3.5mm audio jack,
- Built-in dictionary.
- Comes with battery that provides up to 4 days of battery life.
- Able to underline, highlight, enlarge text and images.
The ASUS Eee Reader DR900 with dimensions of 222 x 161 x 9.7mm is expected to be available in Europe in December for the price of €319.