The global leader in the design, development and manufacturing of storage and memory solutions, Buffalo Technology has recently announced the launch of its new ultra-portable drive, named as MiniStation Shinobi, which the company claims as the world’s thinnest external hard drive, measuring at a mere 5mm (0.2 inches) thick.
Highlights Of Buffalo’s MiniStation Shinobi:
- Unique TurboUSB technology increasing data transfer rates of up to 20% faster than other standard drives
- Bundled with Memeo’s AutoBackup and Auto Sync software that allow consumers to securely and automatically manage and backup their digital assets in real-time
- Includes mobile versions of Firefox Web browser and Thunderbird e-mail client
- Buffalo’s SecureLockMobile software preventing unauthorized access in the event the drive is lost or stolen
- Plug-n-Play – ready for immediate use
- USB Powered – No Power Supply Needed
“Innovative, easy-to-use products with quality features is what Buffalo is known for,” said Ken Higgins, vice president of sales at Buffalo Technology. “With the new MiniStation Shinobi, we are continuing to push the envelope with more compact, design conscious storage solutions that will not only meet, but exceed the ever evolving needs of our customers.”
The new sleek and ultra-slim MiniStation Shinobi 1.8-inch portable hard drive which weights just 2oz will hit the market in coming October for about $120 (30GB ; HD-PT30U2) and $170 (60GB ; HD-PT60U2), respectively.