Amazon has expanded its renowned Kindle family and “lowered” the price of bestselling 3rd-generation Kindle with the launch of new advertising-supported Kindle with Special Offers, which includes the same features as the $139 highly-popular Kindle, with an extra special offers and sponsored screensavers appear on the Kindle screensaver and on the bottom of the home screen, but will not interrupt your reading.
To accompany the launch of Kindle with Special Offers, Amazon also introduced a new, free Kindle app and website dubbed as AdMash, which lets users help pick future screensavers by choosing the screen saver they find most attractive, where screensavers that preferred most by votes qualify to become sponsored screensavers.
Examples of special offers directly on the $114 all-new Kindle in the initial weeks:
- $10 for $20 Amazon.com Gift Card
- $6 for 6 Audible Books
- $1 for an album from Amazon MP3 Store
- Half price off Roku Streaming Player
- $10 for $30 of products from Amazon Denim Shop or Amazon Swim Shop
- Free $100 Amazon.com Gift Card while you get an Amazon Rewards Visa Card
- Get $10 Amazon.com credit while purchase 1 of 30 Kindle bestsellers with your Visa card
“We’re working hard to make sure that anyone who wants a Kindle can afford one,” commented Jeff Bezos, Founder and CEO at Amazon.com. “Kindle with Special Offers is the same #1 bestselling Kindle – and it’s only $114. Kindle is the best deal in consumer electronics anywhere in the world.”
Kindle With Special Offers is now available for pre-order at Amazon.com(aff), and is expected to be available in the United States beginning May 3 for an MSRP of $114.