For Windows users who switch and upgrade from Windows Vista, one difference will be immediately noticeable when installing or upgrading to Windows 7, i.e. Install Windows 7 setup wizard no longer prompts or asks for user selection of which edition of the operating system to install. Instead, each Windows 7 DVD disc or Windows 7 ISO image will automatically install the preset specific edition which it’s confined to.
Although Microsoft does not provide an universal “one disc rules them all” Windows 7 installation media, however the function is indeed supported. User just need to delete and remove the ei.cfg from any Windows 7 ISO disc image to convert the image into universal disc of any edition Windows 7 installer.
For user who has the ISO image of Windows 7, and wish to make it an universal installer for any and all supported editions of Windows 7, as shown in illustration below, now has an easier way to modify the ISO. Instead of manually unpacking and extracting the content of ISO image (or copying files from DVD) to HDD, deleting the ei.cfg and then repacking or rebuilding installation files back into ISO to burn, user can now eliminate troublesome procedures by making use of “ei.cfg Removal Utility”.
The ei.cfg Removal Utility is a simple tool that will disable the ei.cfg from any Windows 7 ISO disc image, thereby converting the image into a “universal disc” that will prompt the user to select a preferred edition during setup. ei.cfg Removal Utility works directly to patch the ISO image, by toggling the deletion bit in the UDF file table to instruct the operating system to ignore and remove ei.cfg, or treat it as if it does not exist. Best of all, ei.cfg Removal Utility can reverse the patching to restore the ISO disc image to its original state when the tool is been used to apply on a disc image that previously been patched by the utility.
ei.cfg Removal Utility is a standalone portable app, and thus no installation required. In fact, the program does not have much user interface. After selecting the target Windows 7 ISO, the disc image will be patched right away. So make sure a copy of ISO backup is done.
Download ei.cfg Removal Utility: eicfg_removal_utility.zip
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Steganos Privacy Suite Free Download With Genuine License Series Key Code
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18262 Released To Insiders in the Fast Ring and Skip Ahead
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18267 – What’s New, Improved, Fixed, and Known issues
- O&O DiskImage Free Download With Genuine License Key Code
- Avira Prime Free 3-Months All-in-One Premium Services – Avira Antivirus Pro, Avira Phantom VPN Pro, Avira Identity Scanner Pro, Avira System Speedup Pro, Avira Software Updater Pro, Password Manager Pro