Windows 7 allows user calibrates the display through “Display color Calibration” in order to adjust that colors shown on screen so that the colors are represented accurately on the monitor, be it a LCD, OLED or CRT. For example, to fix Windows 7 Photo Gallery yellow tinted display issue. After calibrating the display, Windows 7 will generate an ICC file, named CalibratedDisplayProfile-0.icc.
The ICC profile is a set of data that characterizes a color input or output device, or a color space, according to standards promulgated by the International Color Consortium (ICC). After the CalibratedDisplayProfile-x.icc profile is created, it will be used as the default display colors on Windows 7.
However, some users reported a bug that the Calibrated Display Profile ICC will cause computer processing speed to slow to a crawl when opening and viewing photos, pictures, or images with Windows Photo Viewer.
Thus, in order to fix slow Windows Photo Viewer when browsing photos or pictures problem, just delete the Windows-created Calibrated Display ICC Profile at the following location, and the opening and viewing of photos in the Windows 7 Photo Viewer will become normal again.
As a workaround to ensure a correct colors display, use the ICC profile which is supplied by graphics card’s or display adapter’s manufacturers instead.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18334 Roll Out for Windows Insiders – Here Full Changelog of What Fixes, Changes, and Improvement (Free State of Decay)
- Windows 10 Voice Recorder Keyboard Shortcuts
- Free Elegant Art Nouveau Fonts for Windows, Linux, and Mac
- Want to share the Apple devices content to SmartTV with AirPlay 2? Here are the SmartTV models support AirPlay 2
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18312 for PC Released – Here What’s Full Details of Changes