Other than Microsoft Office 2007 Suites SP2, Microsoft also releases Service Pack 2 for Microsoft Office 2007 Servers to provide latest update for 2007 Office server products. SP2 includes improvements in stability, in performance, and in security by including all the public updates, security updates, cumulative updates, and hotfixes that were released through February 2009, plus previously unreleased fixes that were made specifically for this service pack.
Microsoft Office 2007 System Servers SP2 will update the following Office products:
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
- Microsoft Office Project Server 2007
- Microsoft Office Forms Server 2007
- Microsoft Search Server 2008
- Microsoft Search Server 2008 Express
- Microsoft Office Groove Server 2007, 64-Bit Edition
KB953334 (or read it on next page) describes various improvements and enhancements that been included in SP2 for Microsoft Office 2007 Servers, together with known issues and behavior changes. The detailed change log for the server-based Office 2007 SP2 is available in the following Excel file, 2007 Office Servers Service Pack 2 Changes.xlsx.
Download 2007 Microsoft Office Servers Service Pack 2 (SP2)
Microsoft Office 2007 servers Service Pack 2 (x86): officeserver2007sp2-kb953334-x86-fullfile-en-us.exe
Microsoft Office 2007 servers Service Pack 2 (x64): officeserver2007sp2-kb953334-x64-fullfile-en-us.exe
The direct download links are also available from Microsoft Download Center.
Download 2007 Microsoft Office Servers Language Pack Service Pack 2 (SP2)
Overview of Service Pack 2 (SP2) improvements
Microsoft Enterprise Content Management (ECM)
- Improves the performance and stability of the content deployment feature and of the Variations feature.
- Adds a new command to the Stsadm.exe tool. This tool provides the following functionality:
- Lets a SharePoint administrator use the Variations feature to scan a site for errors, report the errors, and fix certain problems.
- Finds and repairs missing peer relationships and corrupted entries in the internal variations relationships list.
- Handles the propagation of large volumes of variations content in a more manageable way.
Microsoft Office Excel and Microsoft Office Access services
- Fixes Open Snapshot so that snapshots open more reliably, even if there is no SharePoint root site.
- Fixes display issues that cause calculations to appear incorrect in some cases.
- Improves connections to cubes by using .odc files in non-English cases.
- Improves the performance of programmatic scenarios.
- Fixes conditional formatting in Mozilla Firefox browsers.
- Improves support for generating Excel Web Access Web parts on new sites.
Microsoft Office Groove Server (64-bit version only)
- Office Groove Server 2007 Data Bridge now limits the number of file-sharing workspaces to 64 to make sure that all workspaces can be synchronized. This limit applies only to newly added file-sharing workspaces. If you already have more than 64 file-sharing workspaces, you can continue to use them.
- Improves synchronization reliability.
- Groove Server 2007 Manager can be installed and run with SQL Server 2008.
- Improves the Groove Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) connectivity and auto-activation functionality.
- Improves error reporting in the Groove Relay Server.
- Improves the robustness of Groove Relay Server.
Microsoft Office Forms Server
- Improves performance of large browser forms on InfoPath Form Services, both for memory usage and for page load time.
- Improves reliability of Forms Server and of Microsoft Office SharePoint Server by addressing the previous behavior in which an upgrade of an administrator-approved form template triggers an IIS reset.
- Improves the Digital Signature functionality for InfoPath Forms Services.
Microsoft Office Project Server
- Modifies the queue service to prevent it from using large volumes of memory over long periods.
- Improves the performance of certain database table indexes.
- Improves cost resource functionality. For example, the server now correctly handles tasks that have material or work resources assigned to the same task.
- Improves certain areas such as resource plans, build team, and the server scheduling engine.
Microsoft Office Search Server
- Improves the reliability and stability of WSS crawl, of SharePoint crawl, of crawling through a very large corpus, and of backup restore.
- Introduces a new command to the Stsadm.exe tool that lets a SharePoint administrator tune the Query processor multiplier parameter. For example, the Query processor multiplier can be used to tune the query performance for SSP indexing content sources that have highly restrictive permissions and many duplicates.
- Improves the accuracy of searches that involve numbers. For example, there is additional support for large numbers in which a comma is used to separate every three digits (for example, 1,000,000), for numbers that are between 9 and 40 characters, and for numbers that are separated by spaces.
- Provides full support for Windows Internet Explorer 8.
- Provides level 2 browser support for Mozilla Firefox (versions 2 and 3).
- Provides support for Windows Server 2008.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Watchdog PC Cleaner 2018 Free Download With Genuine License Serial Keycode
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17738 Official ISO Images Download Link
- Microsoft Released Windows 10 Build 17741 For PC – Here What’s Changes, Fixes, Improvements, and Known Issues
- Microsoft Released Windows 10 Build 17744 For Insiders in Fast Ring for PC – Here What’s Fixes, Changes, Improvements, and Known Issues
- Windows 10 Build 18219 Released – Here’s What’s New, Fixed, and Known Issues