The Sony PS3 has been jailbroken by GeoHot to enable installation of signed homebrew application software. Signing own homebrow apps with the leaked private root keys is a pretty technical stuff, but if you’re looking for more homebrew apps, here’s a few community made homebrews that been shared on Internet.
Homebrew apps to install on GeoHot jailbroken Sony PS3 v3.55:
- Comgenie’s Awesome File Manager: Awesome File Manager for 3.55.rar
- SNES9x PS3 v4.4.3 (Super Nintendo Emulator): snes9x-ps3-4.4.3.zip
- multiMAN (do not support backup or copied games): multiMAN.rar
- PS3 FTP Server (blackb0x): ftpserver_12_byRikuKH3.rar
- Mednafen Multi-System Emulator (supports Nintendo NES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, SEGA Master System and Game Gear): mednafen_355.pkg
- FCEU-PS3 v1.3 (NES) Emulator: fceuPS3_1_3_fw3_55.pkg
- GenesisPlus GX v1.1 (SEGA Genesis and Mega Drive Emulator): Genesisplus_GX_V1.1_355.pkg
- VBA-PS3 v0.9.9 (Nintendo Game Boy and Game Boy Advance Emulator): vba_ps3_355.zip
- FBANext-PS3 (Final Burn Alpha):
To install the homebrew apps or emulators, copy the .pkg file to a USB storage device such as USB tick. Insert the USB storage device to the PS3, and under XMB Game menu, select “Install Package Files”.