iMovie app for iPhone 4 is dubbed as one of the must have feature for iPhone 4, which set apart iPhone 4 from the increasingly competitive smartphone market. However, iMovie app is not free, and is not packaged or bundled together with iPhone 4 stock apps. Instead, people who wants iMovie app has to buy the app for $4.99 from Apple App Store.
Descriptions and features of iMovie for iPhone 4:
Make beautiful HD movies anywhere with iMovie, the fun, feature-rich video editing app only for iPhone 4. Create a video postcard of your day at the beach and publish it to the web — without ever leaving your spot in the sand. Or make a movie of your child’s birthday party and send it to your parents — while the party is in full swing. With iMovie for iPhone, you can start several projects and finish them whenever you want and wherever you are.
Made for Multi-Touch.
- Tap to add or record video right into your project.
- Drag to trim the lengths of video clips and photos.
- Pinch to zoom the timeline and get a closer look.
- Slide to scrub through the video in your project.
Give it a theme.
- Choose from a selection of themes including Modern, Bright, Travel, Playful, and News.
- Each theme includes a matching set of titles and transitions – plus its own soundtrack.
- Instantly change themes or swap themed elements in your project.
- Titles and graphics automatically update with location data from your video.
Add music and photos.
- Select from included music that matches each iMovie theme, or select from your own song library.
- Enable ducking to automatically lower the volume of background music and highlight audio from video clips.
- Add photos from your own library, or take a picture and drop it into your project.
- Customize each photo with a unique “Ken Burns” panning effect.
Share your movie.
- Export your movie in one of three sizes: Medium, Large, or HD.
- Share your movie on the web in a MobileMe gallery or on YouTube.
- Send your movie to friends and family in an email or via an MMS message.
- Easily sync your movie back to your computer.
Download iMovie app via iTunes (for $4.99): http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/imovie/id377298193
Officially, iMovie requires iPhone 4, but you may find hack to enable iMovie to run on iPhone 3Gs on iOS 4.0, although it may subject to crash and experience may not be smooth due to lower equipment power. Apple has published a few articles to supplement the iMovie, and for users who interested, here’s some of them:
HT4174: iMovie for iPhone 4: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
HT4237: iMovie for iPhone 4: Why are videos shared through the Camera Roll at a lower resolution?
HT4233: iMovie for iPhone 4: Exporting HD movies from iMovie for iPhone 4
TS3390: iMovie for iPhone 4: What does a yellow triangle in my timeline mean?
TS3393: iMovie for iPhone 4: iMovie may quit when exporting project with several still photos
TS3391: iMovie for iPhone 4: Why do I receive a message indicating that iMovie can’t access my videos and photos?
More tutorials and guides at http://www.apple.com/support/imovie/.