With the lack of new iPhone hardware announcement, the focus of WWDC 2011 keynote is on Mac OS X, iOS and iCloud. One of the iCloud features is iTunes in the Cloud, which enables music, books or apps purchased in iTunes Store to appear automatically on all iOS-based devices and computers via iTunes. Users can also manually download any past iTunes purchases on any devices at anywhere.
To support iTunes in the Cloud, Apple updates iTunes to iTunes version 10.3. iTunes 10.3 includes the following features:
- Automatic Downloads – Purchase music, apps and books from any device or computer and automatically download a copy to your Mac and iOS devices.
- Download Previous Purchases – Download your past music, apps and books purchases again at no additional cost. Your purchases are available in the iTunes Store on your Mac or in the iTunes app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Previous purchases may be unavailable if they are no longer on the iTunes Store.
- iTunes 10.3 also adds Books to the iTunes Store, where you can discover and buy your favorite books on your computer and automatically download them to iBooks on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- iBookStore now incorporates into iTunes.
- Security fixes and patches.
Actually, iTunes can be uninstalled and removed from computer once iOS 5 is released as mandatory sync with iTunes is a thing of past, and if you don’t intend to use any iTunes purchases on PC or Mac. All purchases are automatically pushed and synced to all iOS devices, with or without iTunes installed on computer. What you need is using the same Apple ID across all mobile devices.
iTunes can be updated via Help -> Check for Updates menu, or download manually from apple.com. Alternatively, just use the following direct download links for iTunes 10.3.0.54:
Note: A new version, iTunes 10.3.1 (v10.3.1.55) has been pushed by Apple, without specifics.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 Build 17758 Official ISO Images Download Link
- Xiaomi AMAZFIT Cor IPS Smartband User Manual English Version
- Xiaomi Mijia Mini 4K 30fps Action Camera User Manual English Version
- Free Download 8 Awesome Software (Worth $350+) For Special Giveaway
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18234 Released to Insider in Fast ring for PC – Here’s What’s New Improvements, Fixes, and Known Issues