The next version of Microsoft Exchange Server, a messaging and collaborative software product from Microsoft, is named as Exchange Server 2010. Previously, the server product has been codenamed Exchange Server 14. The beta version of Exchange Server 2010 has been available publicly now, with some screenshots in Office 2010 image gallery, ahead of public beta for Microsoft Office 2010.
Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Beta helps IT Professionals achieve new levels of reliability with greater flexibility, enhanced user experiences, and increased protection for business communications. Features of Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Beta include (full list of features in Exchange Server 2010 Overview):
- Lower costs with more flexible deployment and management options for deployment on-premises or as a service from Microsoft or partners — or as a mix of both. The new release simplifies the way organizations provide always-on communications and disaster recovery and improves performance running on lower-cost direct-attached storage.
- Protect information and meet compliance requirements with the new e-mail archive.
- Improve user productivity with the ultimate inbox experience with features such as these:
- MailTips. Warn users before they commit an e-mail faux pas such as sending mail to large distribution groups, to recipients who are out of the office or to recipients outside the organization, helping protect against information leaks and reduce unnecessary e-mail messages.
- Voice Mail Preview. See text previews of voice mail directly in Outlook.
- Ignore Conversation. This e-mail “mute button” allows people to remove themselves from an irrelevant e-mail string, reducing unwanted e-mail and runaway reply-all threads.
- Conversation View. Combine related e-mail messages in a single conversation to reduce inbox clutter.
- Call Answering Rules. Create customized “Press 1 for …” call-routing menus with Exchange voice mail.
- Consistent Experience. Use Outlook on the PC, a mobile phone or a browser for the same experience with enhancements in Outlook Mobile and Outlook Web Access.
To know what’s new in the Exchange Server 2010, visit here. According to the press release, Exchange Server 2010 is scheduled to RTM by second half of 2009. Additional Office products including Microsoft Office 2010, Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010, Microsoft Visio 2010 and Microsoft Project 2010 are scheduled to enter technical preview in the third quarter of 2009 and release to manufacturing in the first half of 2010.
The Exchange Server 2010 Beta can be downloaded from TechNet or Microsoft Download Center. Registration required, to bypass registration, use the direct download link to Exchange Server 2010 Beta version 14.00.0482.020: Exchange2010-Beta1-x64.exe.
Note that Exchange Server 2010 is only available in 64-bit (x64) flavor, and thus requires Windows Server 2008 x64. More details of the Exchange Server 2010 system requirements can be found here.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18312 for PC Released – Here What’s Full Details of Changes
- $1200+ Free Windows Software – SlideMaker Slideshow Video Editor, Video Movie Maker, Movie Maker & Video Editor, GIF Maker, Movie Maker & Video Editor & More
- Tipard iPhone Eraser Genuine License Key Code Giveaway and Free Download
- Any Data Recovery Free Download With Genuine License Key Code
- Bitdefender Total Security 2019 Free Download With Genuine License Series Key Code