Multinational corporations normally have operations and offices than span across many countries in the world, and hence require computer systems that matches the local languages. To allow end-users to switch and change to local language, Microsoft provides MUI (Multilingual User Interface) language packs for Windows operating system as add-ons that enable a multilingual user interface in a Windows environment.
With the release of Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Microsoft has released the Multilingual User Interface (MUI) Language Packs (Windows Server Language Packs) for Windows Server 2008 R2 environment. Adding one or more language packs to a Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 image enables one or more languages in the installed Windows Server operating system, allowing corporations to deploy the same Windows Server 2008 R2 image worldwide while still providing localized user interfaces.
The MUI language packs for Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 have been leaked prior to official release. But if you want only the official downloads, Microsoft has published the download links for the Windows in Microsoft Download Center, for individual language pack and complete package of language packs in ISO image format, which are also downloadable with the direct download links below.
Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 MUI Language Packs (All Languages) ISO Image
Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 MUI Language Packs Individual lp.cab Auto Installer (exe)
If you just want one or a few MUI language packs, Microsoft also provides individual language packs (lp.cab) in .exe executable format for download. Note that the downloads are already in .exe format, which when ran will automatically install the particular language pack.
Chinese (Hong Kong SAR): Windows6.1-KB2483139-x64-zh-HK.exe
Chinese (Simplified): Windows6.1-KB2483139-x64-zh-CN.exe
Portuguese (Brazil): Windows6.1-KB2483139-x64-pt-BR.exe
Portuguese (Portugal): Windows6.1-KB2483139-x64-pt-PT.exe
Serbian (Latin): Windows6.1-KB2483139-x64-sr-latn-CS.exe
Once a language pack is installed, user can follow the guide to change display language of Windows user interface.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Xiaomi AMAZFIT Cor IPS Smartband User Manual English Version
- Xiaomi Mijia Mini 4K 30fps Action Camera User Manual English Version
- Free Download 8 Awesome Software (Worth $350+) For Special Giveaway
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18234 Released to Insider in Fast ring for PC – Here’s What’s New Improvements, Fixes, and Known Issues
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17755 What’s New, Fixed and Known issues for PCs